Wendy Hwang has a unique blend of experience in real estate valuation and asset and construction management. She started her career as an appraiser focusing on New York and New Jersey commercial and residential properties at Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. and Vanderbilt Appraisal Company. She is a New York State Certified Appraiser with over 10 years of experience, having appraised over 800 buildings with valued at over $75 billion.
From 2013 through 2016, she managed a 250+ building portfolio, focusing on commercial leasing, property management, and construction management at SW Management, a generational NYC residential owner/operator, typically managing over 25 capital improvement projects at a time. She has developed direct relationships with a broad spectrum of highly qualified professional including contractors, architects, engineers, attorneys, and expeditors.
This unique background in both appraisal and construction management, allows Ms. Hwang to understand the dynamics between the physical asset improvement and property value, thereby providing insights on how to best allocate your budget wisely, in order to maximize your return without overspending. Ms. Hwang will provide a one-stop service, offering owners a single point-of-contact – fully accountable acting as an Owner’s trusted Representative.
- Nearly 15 years of real estate experience
- Appraised over 800 existing and proposed commercial and residential properties, residential condominium and cooperative developments, bulk sales, retail and mixed-use properties in New York, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island & New Jersey
- Managed capital improvement projects for over 250 buildings
- Leased and managed approximately 250 commercial spaces
- Managed over 25 capital improvement projects at a time - (MCI (Major Capital Improvement), FISP (Façade Inspection & Safety Program), Landmarked Properties/Historic District) averaging $20.0 million of capital improvements per year
- President & Chairman of Advisory Board of Korean Real Estate Professional Association In America (1/2015 - Present)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Pending Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Pending Local Business Enterprise (LBE)
- General R.E. Appraiser (NYS)